hookedonbooks

Hooked on books!

The Complete Tales and Poems
Edgar Allan Poe

Readathon April'16 Opening Meme

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

Istanbul, Turkey.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

All of them. Reading A Midnight's Summer Dream by Shakespeare will be special, because today is the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare's death! I am looking forward to read Bonzai by Alejandro Zambra too. I've been on a Latin American Literature kick lately and also have Open Veins of Latin America(non-fiction) by Eduardo Galeano in my stack, which I started a few days ago and already tackled the first 100+ pages.

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

Fudgy Brownie I just baked.(Used Valrhona 70% bitter chocolate for this special day. My favourite!)

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!

I am going to start my first ever job on Monday.*nervous*

Normally I read very frequently but in short sessions. I just can't keep doing anything for hours and hours. I never read  100+pages in one sitting. I don't know why, but only 2 days every year(April and October) my attention span never burns out! Can't get enough of reading on Readathon days.

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?

This will be my 7th or 8th readathon. I am a hardcore thoner. I always make it  24 hours(actually more than 24 hours). This time I won't. I am gonna start a new job on Monday and last thing I want is a bad sleep pattern. Plus, I live on GMT+2, which means readathon starts at 3pm for me. So, I will go to bed around 11.30pm. Will get up around 6am. Will be going to another city on Sunday morning, but luckily I won't be driving so will be reading on the way too. I will have less hours to read, but if I can plan it I can read and enjoy as much as previous readathons.